Monday, September 8, 2008

The "W" Section

Well this time at the library I decided that I didn't want to drag my book bag all over so I parked it in the "W" section and "W"ow what a section it was. So for the next little while I will be posting books that are from authors in the "W" section. :) I already posted the first one "Waking Beauty" by Leah Wilcox and so I'm going to post another one of her books because it is just as clever. It's called "Falling for Rapunzel"



The prince is hoping to fall for Rapunzel, but since she can't quite hear what he asks for, everything but her hair gets tossed out her window. Instead of her curly locks, she throws her dirty socks. And you can predict the guaranteed-to-crack-kids-up clothing she sends down when the prince simply says hair. . . .

Finally Rapunzel heaves out something that makes all the prince's dreams come true, showing how misunderstandings can lead to happily-ever-after.

Hilarious text, clever page-turns, and vibrant, eclectic art make this a non-traditional Rapunzel kids will want to read about again and again.

No comments: